When you conduct any type of research, you can make it impressive by following a model of hourglass. Similar to an hourglass, your research information starts from being wide through going narrow to being wide again. Based on the same model, here are some steps that can be followed to make your research really effective.
Step 1: Start by defining your problem clearly and meaningfully with the help of relevant hypotheses. Go about searching for the right information to assess the scope of your study. If required, then you can also reevaluate your problem.
Step 2: When you finalize a problem for investigation, find out the right methods that can help you do this. You may go for an interview or apply a questionnaire on your subjects. Consider the context of your study and then finalize your methods.
Step 3: Make strategic plans on executing your process. If any changes are required in your strategies, then take them up now. Start taking down notes while also structuring them and tracking your sources.
Step 4: After you refine your tracked sources, link them up with your previous knowledge and information. If hypotheses need to be revised, then do it according to the project needs. This can benefit you in using your information more effectively.
Step 5: Keep your work original and handle citations in the required style. When you take up information from several sources, do not forget to credit them if you use that information in your project.
After you have conducted your research, document it with similar effectiveness. Presentation is an important aspect of research and your content should also match your hard work. Ensure to define your writing guidelines so you can work according to proper linguistic styles and formatting standards.
When students are working on a project that involves a lot of numbers they often have to work with huge volumes of data and produce statistical analysis that consists of charts, diagrams, and tables. When the students conduct their surveys in the field they often have to collect plenty of data, not all of which will be valuable, and they will often find that it is a waste of time analysing material that is not important. In fact some of the analysis might produce incorrect statistics that will throw the students off the focus of their project. It therefore becomes essential to perform a task that is known as data cleaning. So what are the steps to be followed in this process?
- Use set formulas that can be applied to determine which set of records are unimportant and which ones are important. This makes the task of separating them a lot easier.
- It is best if they were to follow a well documented procedure when they are working on data cleaning. If they did not then afterwards when they look back at what they were doing there is no way of keeping track if the records they eliminated were essential or not.
- The university review board will also ask researchers about the methods they followed for data cleaning and how they eliminated all the incorrect records. The students will have to justify their answers making the procedure and documentation all the more important.
- If Excel is being used to work on the data then use the sort function to eliminate duplicate records and records that vary too much from the average.
- Conduct trial runs of the data cleaning process before work on the main data is started so that all snags can be eliminated before the main process.
The quest for knowledge has spawned some new job opportunities in the academic world. One of these is translation work. Countries all over the world want academic knowledge disseminated in their language. Scholars also want to have their work published in many different languages. After all, who does not want global name and fame? That is why people who are skilled in diverse languages are starting to find out that clients are prepared to pay big money for their services. These people also make a good living from this line of work. They are even motivated to learn new languages for the sake of their livelihood.